The countertops in our bathroom ages through time and they do not look new through the years. Some homeowners are lucky to have the budget for remodeling or replacement. But some cannot afford it so a good option to preserve the countertop is to cover them up. This is a convenient and cheaper option. Here are some of the beautiful covers you can put up in your bathroom countertops.
- Tiles – Any kind of tile will do. Tiles are not only good in covering walls and floors; they also look good in countertops. The most stain and heat resistant kind of tiles is the glazed ceramic and porcelain tile. These tiles come also in different colors, shapes and sizes. Tiles can be directly installed on flat and stable countertops. If you have an extra budget, choose a thick layer cement board, around ¼ inches for your countertop before laying the tile of your choice. This type of cover is extremely durable. Tiles are also easy to clean countertop covers. Upon installation, make sure that the grouts are sealed to prevent trapped dirt. Tiles last for years, you can maintain its fresh look by applying sealer after two to three years.
- Countertop Refinishing Kit – These are steroids in paint. These refinishing kits have decorative stone chips with epoxy-like paint. The perfect combination creates a natural stone look that makes old bathroom countertops Red Deer newly laminated. When you purchase this kit all you need is included except the tools. This is easy to apply but it requires hard labor. You need to work on the heavy sanding and the details. This cover also lasts for years, provided you follow all instructions given by the manufacturer.
- Countertop Film – This is a thick and tough cover much compared to a vinyl flooring and shelf paper. This bathroom countertop cover is self-adhesive and can be stick directly to the surface. What is best about this cover is it is easy and quick to apply. This also lasts for years and can be a long-term cover for your bathroom countertop.
- Wood Overlay – This cover choice has a lot of options to choose from. You can use these woods as stunning and classic countertop covers. The Cheapest wood cover is the solid hardwood because it is durable and repairable. You can also have the bamboo plywood, which is thicker than plywood and also comes in large sheets. This is the most customized cover because it needs a lot of woodworking skills. It needs a lot of cutting and gluing perfectly. After the installation you need to deal it s that it would last for years and it will be protected from moisture, water and stain.
- Spray-painting – This is the cover that has the best finish. It has a smooth and fast finish. This cover is best for well sanded surfaces or old laminated countertops. It is recommended to have the matte finish compared to the glossy since the glossy finish cannot hide scratches. For best results, apply at least three to four coats.